PISCATAWAY, N.J.—May 10, 2010—Electronic House Magazine named Electronics Design Group (EDG) the winner in two categories of its 2010 Home of the Year Awards. The company, specializing in high-end home entertainment and automation systems, was recognized in the Best Integrated Home over $50,000 and Best Home Theater for $100,001-$250,000 categories. These awards are the 7th and 8th time that EDG projects have received Home of the Year from the publication.
“These two custom installations combine some of the best technology available for home entertainment,” says Bob Gullo, President of EDG. “The families we designed them for are experiencing their favorite movies, games, and music in ways they never did before. The clients’ excitement over their new system was extremely rewarding, and the recognition from Electronic House is a definite cherry on top.”
The Best Integrated Home $50,000+ Gold Winner was for a client’s high-style Manhattan apartment, which included flush-mounted TVs throughout the house allowing just the screens to be visible for a clean appearance. The project included a video wall in the living room with 18 different TVs that could play simultaneously on a 195-inch plasma wall; a 32-inch LCD TV in the sitting room that disappears beyond motorized artwork when not in use; a 42-inch TV in the bedroom hides in a cabinet at the foot of the bed and rises out when the owners press TV on a remote control; and a 20-inch TV in the master bath located at the perfect height for watching TV from the spa that is only visible when turned on behind the Seura mirror. Features of the project included:
- Three Panasonic TH65PHD8 65-inch HD plasma TVs, side-by-side to form a video wall that can display content from 18 different sources.
- A 12-inch EarthLCD mounted into the bathroom door.
- One Panasonic TH50PHD9UK 50-inch HD plasma TV.
- One Crestron TPMC-8X Wireless Touchpanel that controls 16 audio zones, nine video zones, as well as the Lutron lighting system with a user-friendly, five-way thumbpad and four hard key buttons.
- A 32-inch Panasonic display hidden by contemporary artwork controlled by a Creston remote.
- Five Apple Mac Minis to manage videos, making movies, and creating and learning to play videos.
The Home Theater $100,001-$250,000 Gold Winner, also called “The Wave,” is a high-performance theater with a creative blend of design and acoustical innovation for the client. EDG collaborated with RPG Diffusor Systems and theater set designer Brian Webb on this project. This room’s stunning acoustical treatments include studio-grade Genelec speakers; a micro-perforated wooden wave ceiling designed to diffuse sound with its uneven surface; 132-inch wide projection; and high-quality, high-performance German-built luxury seating. If sitting in the motorized CinemaTech seats gets old, the owners can hang out in the back of the room, which is equipped with its own Runco 50-inch plasma to enjoy playing pool or lounging away from the theater. Features of the project included:
- Genelec HT210B front speakers and four A1W26 surround speakers.
- One Stewart 132-inch Filmscreen screen offers viewers super-wide CinemaScope images.
- One Kaleidescape KPlayer-5000 Movie Player, which is a high-performance audio/video component designed to import and play back movies and music in a system.
- One Sony PlayStation 3 game console.
- One LG BH200 Blu-ray/HD DVD player.
- 12 CinemaTech Vantage theater seats, which provide the ultimate home theater experience.
- One Runco VX2-IX 3-chip DLP Projector with an Anamorphic lens, to complement the cinema-wide Stewart screen
The Home of the Year Awards, presented by Electronic House Magazine, recognizes the best in custom home electronics technologies and systems for the whole home. Each year, manufacturers, distributors, and systems integrators enter to compete in award categories for this coveted honor and are judged by independent experts within the industry. Consumers will see the best installations detailed through photographs, equipment lists, and interviews detailing the homeowners’ and professional installers’ perspectives of how the entertainment and home systems benefit their lives.
EDG is a private company that specializes in the design, integration, and installation of high-end home theater and home automation system technologies for private residences, as well as a provider of complete theater, light control, and automation services for businesses.